Donnington and Muxton Parish Council is looking for energetic, enthusiastic volunteers to help within its community library. The role involves:
- Meeting and greeting library customers
- Joining people to the library
- Assisting library users with self service
- Helping customers to find the resources they want
- Helping customers with computers
- General running of the library
- Literate (English language) and numerate
- Comfortable with using IT or willingness to learn
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Handling of confidential information and cash.
Hours of Work
- Two hourly slots (or more if desired) between the opening hours stated below:
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 3pm
Wednesday 9am – 5pm
Thursday 9am – 3pm
Friday 9am – 1pm
Saturdays to cover 10am – 1pm
What’s in it for you?
- Training will be provided
Opportunities to meet people and help with the delivery of an important public service for the community
- Enhance skills
You shall be required to provide two references (not related to you) and undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
You shall report to The Clerk, Assistant Clerk and Councillors of the Parish Council.
If interested in becoming a volunteer then please contact The Clerk by telephone, email or by calling into the Library.